What a wonderful and exciting weekend! I am finally in my final teenage year, and I am so ready to put it behind me. Those teen years were rough, but I bet my parents are glad I wasn't a normal teenager. I never gave them any major problems, and I became an independent girl who is not in with the crowd. Anyway.... lets get back to this past weekend. Friday, after school, my parents and I went down to Birmingham. We picked up Qi Li (yay!) and took her out to eat. Then came the Birmingham Arts Journal reading. What an experience! The reading was more laid back than I expected, and I loved the face that it was a small group. Of course, I was the youngest one there, and the youngest reader by far. Everyone could tell I was nervous the minuet I walked into the art gallery. I hugged my binder with my writings tight to my chest and my legs were shaking like crazy (which is normal for everyday life, but when I am nervous or excited it looks like they are going through an earthquake). By some miracle, my voice was steady as I read my sonnet. Afterwards, I had a lot of people compliment my poem and my reading. I hope I get another opportunity to be in the BAJ again. :) Saturday, Momma took Qi Li and I shopping, and then I went to see Christie in a play at Birmingham Southern. Oh, by the way, she is playing Helen Keller in BSC's production of The Miracle Worker in January. I am totally going to see her, so if anyone wants to go with me just let me know! Then on my birthday, 10.10.10, I went to church, hung out with Qi Li at her dorm, and went home. And I ate a lot of cookie cake. LOTS of cookie cake!
10.12.2010
10.10.10
What a wonderful and exciting weekend! I am finally in my final teenage year, and I am so ready to put it behind me. Those teen years were rough, but I bet my parents are glad I wasn't a normal teenager. I never gave them any major problems, and I became an independent girl who is not in with the crowd. Anyway.... lets get back to this past weekend. Friday, after school, my parents and I went down to Birmingham. We picked up Qi Li (yay!) and took her out to eat. Then came the Birmingham Arts Journal reading. What an experience! The reading was more laid back than I expected, and I loved the face that it was a small group. Of course, I was the youngest one there, and the youngest reader by far. Everyone could tell I was nervous the minuet I walked into the art gallery. I hugged my binder with my writings tight to my chest and my legs were shaking like crazy (which is normal for everyday life, but when I am nervous or excited it looks like they are going through an earthquake). By some miracle, my voice was steady as I read my sonnet. Afterwards, I had a lot of people compliment my poem and my reading. I hope I get another opportunity to be in the BAJ again. :) Saturday, Momma took Qi Li and I shopping, and then I went to see Christie in a play at Birmingham Southern. Oh, by the way, she is playing Helen Keller in BSC's production of The Miracle Worker in January. I am totally going to see her, so if anyone wants to go with me just let me know! Then on my birthday, 10.10.10, I went to church, hung out with Qi Li at her dorm, and went home. And I ate a lot of cookie cake. LOTS of cookie cake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I knew you would do fine.
ReplyDelete