2.17.2010

Ash Wednesday

Today Lent begins. I went to Mass and now I have an ash cross on my forehead. For Lent in remembrance of Jesus' suffering, I have given up sweets, snacks, and lunch on Wednesdays. If Jesus could go days without eating for me, I can go hungry for a few hours for him. It is not much, but I do not go through Lent routinely and just follow the traditions. I do not give something up just for the sake of giving something up for Lent and tell all my friends about how good of a Christian I am for "suffering". I am facing Lent head on, knowing the reasons for my sacrifices. I am not doing it because it is part of my faith. I am doing it because I believe in it. Jesus died for me, and I will never forget that.

1 comment:

  1. I took Irene into Saint Micheal's church. I wanted her to see the beautiful windows.

    ReplyDelete