Pope's foot-wash a final straw for traditionalists
I am proud of Pope Francis. I had my feet washed at Holy Thursday Mass when I was in 10th grade. I can understand where traditionalist have their views. In my opinion, a simple jester of having feet washed on Holy Thursday should include not only men, but women too, so the entire church can be represented. Jesus walked this earth when men were dominant but the world has evolved. Do I think women should be allowed to be priest No. But we should not be excluded from a simple symbol as the washing of feet just because we are women. I do not believe the Church should be completely reverted back to the pre-Vatican II era either. The Catholic Church should keep her tradition and faith, but be flexible enough to change.

Yeah, some people are really upset about that, and also apparently because he washed the feet of Muslims or something. I really don't get why they're so upset, because, as far as I heard, it wasn't even at a Mass!
ReplyDeleteGranted, I think the symbolism of having just men get their feet washed during Mass is nice because it was just the Twelve in the Upper Room when Jesus did it.
Meh.
Pope Francis can't be on his job for a couple of weeks and already he gets criticized on every side. Sheesh.
In Pace Christi,
Elyse
P.S Is that a new picture at the top right of your blog? Or am I just being clueless as usual and not noticing until months later? XP
ReplyDeleteIn Pace Christi,
Elyse