9.03.2012

Labor Day Weekend






















Man, who knew college kids could be so... uh... loud. Hehe. At Unity we have this big competition between the dorms called the Dean's Cup, and this past weekend several events took place. On Friday we had karaoke. Now, before anyone asks, I did NOT sing. Eeeek. I do not sing in front of people unless I am at church. But people did sing, and then people had some beers, and then people sang some more. Jeana and I left about halfway through, and apparently after that people got drunk then sang. Too bad we missed the best part. Then Saturday the dorms had a softball tournament. Yes, I did play, but not very good. It is extremely hard to get courage to catch a very very very high pop up when you don't have a glove!!! Oh well, it was fun. That afternoon, Jeana and I walked (the great thing about Unity (the town) is that you can walk EVERYWHERE! the only time I use my car is to go to other towns) to the thrift store and found some very interesting and unique items. I got a small decorative teapot, a set of candle stick holders, and two shirts for only $3.25! Perfect buy for a poor college student! Yesterday, Sunday, was just a lazy day. I went to church (and a friend came with me) then got into my sweats and lazied around all day. Jeana giggled when I put sweats on because apparently she didn't think it was cold. Hehe. Then she did the same thing today when I wore a jacket. Today felt very successful. After sleeping in until 9ish and missing breakfast, Jeana, our dorm neighbor Zack, and I walked some of the nature trails around campus. It was very relaxing. Now I just got done with working out (yay!) and drink a protein shake (yuck!). Classes tomorrow through Friday, a field trip to a farm Saturday, then The Avengers Saturday night!!!

2 comments:

  1. glad you're making friends... good job leaving before the beers kicked in... love the teapot??? or maybe a creamer... I couldn't see if it had a lid... if it does it's a teapot but if it doesn't I think it's a creamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right about drunk singing being the most entertaining... as long as you're not the one doing it!

    In Pace Christi,

    Elyse

    ReplyDelete