So last night I started watching this tv show called Grimm, and even though it is kinda freaky, it was also somewhat good. It is a tv show based off of the Grimm Brother's fairy tales. At the beginning of each episode, there is a quote from one of the fairy tales. This show has gotten me interested in the actual fairy tales, because I know that the Grimm Brother's stories were not the sugared up kids version that we see in children's books today, but gruesome and dark. So, guess what I did. I found a $0.99 highly rated Nook book that had a collection of all their fairy tales.

I've been watching it all season... love it
ReplyDeleteThe Brothers Grimm? That's nothing. You should read Hans Christian Anderson. The man missed his career as a horror writer. TELL ME ABOUT IT. One story involved a dude killing his sister's lover by decapitation and burying the head in a flowerpot. The fairies that came from the flowers of the plant that grew in that flowerpot then went and killed the murderer. Yes, very wholesome children's stories, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteIn Pace Christi,
Elyse