2.05.2012

God's Beautiful Handmade Creation

So many people talk about how much they love God. They shout His name. They praise Him as loud as they can. They throw how great He is everywhere and to everyone. They pray to Him where everyone can hear them. They cry and fall down as they feel His presence in them. They have their way of loving God, and I have mine. I am a strong Catholic and there is a feeling I get when I am in Church and I receive the Eucharist. Every Saturday/Sunday I am reminded of my love for God, but it is like a routine happening. It is not that Mass is losing it's meaning to me, but it is like giving my mom a hug and kiss every night. I tell her I love her, and I mean it, but because I tell her every night the meaning behind the words "I love you" barely scrapes the surface if the meaning of the words in my heart. It's the same way with Mass every week. Then there are those rare moments. Moments where, whether because of an action or for no reason at all, I look at my mom and see my protector, my nurturer, my guardian, and most importantly my friend. My whole entire soul feels my love for her just because she is my mom, and my entire heart lies within my words when I tell her "I love you". Tonight I had one of those moments with God. There are so many miracles around us, shown to us everyday, but most of the time they are unintentionally ignored. Nature. The natural world is God's artwork, created for us humans to love and enjoy. It is through nature I can truly and wholeheartedly feel God's love and love Him back. I sometimes cry at the scene before me because it is just so beautiful! The soft rustle of the leaves, the trees standing proud and strong, the sky beautiful at night and playful in the day, the brightest greens the deepest blues, the pinks yellows purples oranges reds, soothing flowing water, mighty hunters and sly prey. God's kiss has touched everything from the earth, and through that He has kissed my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment