I can not believe it has already been 10 years. !0 years since the attack on my nation. 10 years since so many people never made it back home. 10 years since the war on terrorism. 10 years, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. Now, most kids younger than me were too young back then to remember what happened, or they might not have even been born yet. I was that age where I was aware of what was going on, but I still held on to my childhood innocence. I could not understand why these mean people would fly planes into those big important buildings. Was I scared? Of course. Daddy was in California, and I was scared he wouldn't make it home. I wouldn't leave the house or the car at my brother's baseball practice because I was terrified that those mean men would crash a plane into me. I was also MAD because those mean men made me miss library (I was really looking forward to that class that day) by forcing my school into a code red. For months afterwards, I wore a cross that i colored with the American flag, an eagle, and the Statue of Liberty glued to it pinned to my uniform. For years, an American flag flew attached to the antenna of Momma's minivan. Sunday, I will pull that cross back out and pin it to my blue and white dress. I will sing God Bless America for all the victims, their families, and all the soldiers who have fought and are fighting this war.
No comments:
Post a Comment