2.08.2011

Why Is Some Writing Easier Than Others?

My high school creative writing teacher asked me to write a recommendation letter for her for a teacher hall of fame award. I was honored that she asked me, and was excited, but I found out quickly that this letter would not be a simple walk in the park. Ask me to write a poem or story, I can get right on it and write write write for hours. Ask me to write an essay, a speech, or lets say a recommendation letter, I have a little bit more trouble. It's not that they are hard, or I don't know what to say, but rather I know exactly what to say, I just can't easily put my thoughts into coherent words and sentences without jumping around and sounding like I am rambling. I did it though! I wrote the letter and made it sound wonderful! Good luck Mrs. Freemon! P.S. I just loved this picture!

1 comment:

  1. here's the reason, Amy... when you write from your heart the words are formed inside and pour out through your fingers but when you write from need your brain blocks that naturally flow and makes road blocks.

    ReplyDelete