
This past weekend me and Momma drove all the way to Missouri (Daddy worked on his computer in the back seat) for the Hornig family reunion (my great great grandparents). And guess who I hung out with the whole time? CRYSTAL! In case ya'll do not know the story, Crystal and I met at the reunion 9 years ago, and our friendship started because I could draw a hand. We went 5 years without ever seeing each other, and kept in touch by writing letters and sending them through the snail mail. We once again saw each other at the next reunion (5 years later). After that we decided that we could not wait another 5 years (it turned out to be 4) to see each other again, so we started a tradition. Each summer we would visit each other. I spent a week with Crystal's the first summer, then she came down to visit me the next year, and so on. Even through we rarely see each other (which will now change because we found out we both have Skype) and only talk through the phone, facebook, email, or snail mail, Crystal has become a close friend and like a sister to me. I know our friendship is one that will last a lifetime and I am looking forward to the many visits and trips together. TCFE (third cousins for ever) !
Yay! I have many pictures to edit and upload to Facebook... as well as a lot of cleaning to do.
ReplyDelete