
What a Friday. I found out that I really don't like the school's parking lot, especially when I have to park soooo far away. Every time it barely mists the parking lot floods like crazy. Now that it has rained 2 days straight, I feel like I am swimming though a Great Lake just to get from school to my truck. No matter how horrible walking through the parking lot in the freezing rain was, it could not spoil the two awesome that happened today. 1) In chorus the advance woman's choir is singing this insane fast pace song in Spanish, and when I say insane I mean INSANE! There are 3 parts soprano 1 soprano 2 and alto, and all through the song, each part is singing a different rhythm. And to add to it we have to clap off beat to our rhythm the whole time. In all this craziness and confusion, we actually pulled it together is it is probably my most favorite song I have ever sang. The judges at district are going to be thrown back in their seats. 2) and by far the best, meeting Irene Latham. She is an author and poet who has just published her first book. I really enjoyed going out to eat the her, Aunt Pat, their friend, and my cousin. We talked about several different things, such as what I like to write, and about her writing and poems, and best of all elephants. Hehe. I bought her novel and just can not wait to start reading it!
Sounds like an amazing day! :)
ReplyDeleteThe groud is once again covered with snow here...
WHAT! man send some of that snow down here. how much?
ReplyDeleteAmy enjoyed having you and Lakelynn with us on Friday night and seeing you yesterday. Lets do it again some time (of course without Irene since she lives in Birmingham)
ReplyDeleteAround 6 inches... we're supposed to get three more inches to-morrow night. *crosses fingers for a day off of school*
ReplyDeleteI hate that I didn't get a picture of you!! Love your pics on your sidebar though. Can't wait to read your poems!!
ReplyDelete