4.02.2012
Hanging On
I had so much fun in Clinton, MS this past weekend. Since my spring break was last week, I decided to go visit my brother, Scott. The fact that my other brother, Eric, also came made the weekend even better! My whole entire (immediate) family was together again! It was a lot of fun!!! On the way to Clinton, my parents and I stopped at Tishomingo State Park to hike for a couple of hours. My dad and I took this 2 mile hike that went up to the ridge and followed it. We were climbing over roots and rocks and small streams. It was intense, which I love! In Clinton, we went to three baseball games. Scott's team lost the first and third one, but won the second game by 1 run in a close nail-biter game! Besides the games, we all (including Cayla, Scott's girlfriend) went to eat, hung out in our motel room, and got frozen yogurt. Saturday night Scott, Eric, Cayla, and I went to a driving range to hit golf balls. I am so glad that in golf there is no "three strikes and you're out" (as Cayla put it, because it took me at least five swings to hit the ball. Once I hit a ball with a club that was suppose to make the ball go high and far, but when I hit it, it went about a foot in the air and tow feet to my left. In other words, I cannot play golf. Haha. Then on our way home, my mom and I stopped at almost every stop on the trace (between the tornado damage and the Tennessee river) to read and explore. It was cool, and next time we plan on doing some short hiking on the trace. Now that spring break is over, I wish summer was here already. I feel stuck right now because I know Unity is just around the corner, but I've got unfinished business here I've got to tie up. But as I slowly end things here, I am finding everything I am going to miss, and then I think about all I am going to gain. I know one thing for certain, though. I am going to miss my family the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice pictures!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I would so totally fail at golf as well. I don't understand that sport. Everybody hitting a little white ball over the place... I don't get basketball either, for that matter, or I just don't care. Baseball at least I can understand (somewhat). Football, though... hey, it's SEC country.
In Pace Christi,
Elyse