3.20.2012

Twitter/Facebook Post Explaination

Yesterday I tweeted and posted to facebook : "awkward/creepy moment in the library, now i wanna leave!" Here is the story: I have a morning class and then aerobic dance in the afternoon, so while I am at the library I change into workout clothes for aerobic dance. Yesterday I did just that, and when I came back out and sat down in one of the reading chairs, a 40+ year old man got up from a couch on the other side of the room and walked up to me. I already had my headphones in and was getting music to play when he hovered beside me. I looked up at him. He asked "That wasn't a superman change, was it?" I was shocked. I gave him a confused/annoyed look and said "Uh, I had to change for aerobic dance." He hesitated, "Oh, okay." Then he went back to the couch and sat. I just did not know what to think?! I was freaked out and creeped out, so I turned my music on, slouched in the chair, and counted down the minuets until it was time for me to leave. In my opinion, I think he was trying a very "witty" (as Cayla put it) pick up line, which really gives me the creeps because he was at the youngest in his early 40s. Why, why, why?! Why me?!!!

1 comment:

  1. Creepy...

    At least, you managed to act gracefully. Just imagine how I would have reacted in the same situation! I would have totally freaked out. And left the library immediately with more haste than grace ('scurrying away' is the phrase that comes to mind).

    And, no, I don't know why it's you. For my part, I am convinced that I emit some sort of Anti-Social Aura, because people don't sit down next to me. Hmm, maybe my reputation precedes me.

    In Pace Christi,

    Elyse

    ReplyDelete