This year my family did something extra special for Christmas. There is a family that is friends of one of our relatives, and their situation isn't on the best terms right now. The kids were not going to get to have a Christmas. Daddy gave Scott and me money and wish lists to play Santa Clause for these kids. I had the best time ever shopping for them. I think about them often now. Everyday I say say a little prayer for them. I've learned that the most exciting part about Christmas is not finding presents under the tree, but knowing that 5 kids (6 if I include the Angel Tree kid I shopped for) are going to be amazed to find gifts under their tree. The best part about this Christmas is making those kids happy.
12.16.2010
What Truely Makes Christmas Special
This year my family did something extra special for Christmas. There is a family that is friends of one of our relatives, and their situation isn't on the best terms right now. The kids were not going to get to have a Christmas. Daddy gave Scott and me money and wish lists to play Santa Clause for these kids. I had the best time ever shopping for them. I think about them often now. Everyday I say say a little prayer for them. I've learned that the most exciting part about Christmas is not finding presents under the tree, but knowing that 5 kids (6 if I include the Angel Tree kid I shopped for) are going to be amazed to find gifts under their tree. The best part about this Christmas is making those kids happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
isn't it amazing that your heart can grow larger with each little kind act and how it stays cold and hard when you don't give every day from your heart.
ReplyDelete