Hey everyone! I just got back this afternoon from a weekend long church retreat. It was so much fun and I feel like my faith was strengthened and my soul replenished. I was amazed because the retreat had 112 teenagers attending and every single one of them were Catholic! Growing up in a part of the USA where Catholicism is small and a minority, I have never seen so many people my age in one place celebrating the Mass along with me. These peers share the exact same beliefs as me when it comes to religion and i do not have to explain aspects of Catholicism to them (for example the Eucharist, or praying to Mary, or statues in church, etc). I made so many friends and had an awesome time.
3.07.2010
CROSS Retreat
Hey everyone! I just got back this afternoon from a weekend long church retreat. It was so much fun and I feel like my faith was strengthened and my soul replenished. I was amazed because the retreat had 112 teenagers attending and every single one of them were Catholic! Growing up in a part of the USA where Catholicism is small and a minority, I have never seen so many people my age in one place celebrating the Mass along with me. These peers share the exact same beliefs as me when it comes to religion and i do not have to explain aspects of Catholicism to them (for example the Eucharist, or praying to Mary, or statues in church, etc). I made so many friends and had an awesome time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy you had a fabulous weekend! Sure missed seeing you. Next time!!!
ReplyDeleteyour excitement is like a warm breeze brushing my heart. Thanks for being you.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I'm so glad you had a great retreat. ...and we do need to catch up sometime!
ReplyDelete