12.30.2009

Up and At 'em Early Breakfast

6:30 a.m. All my friends are snoozing to pleasant dreams with drool running down the corner of their mouths. I am barely awake trying my darnest to concentrate enough to get my shoes tied. It is Wednesday, the day for breakfast at Grandaddy's, and I always go when I am out of school. Most of my friends think me crazy for getting up so early, but I enjoy it. Now, forcing my eyes to open and my brain to function before 8:00 is not easy, but the benefit is greater than the cost (man I have been in economics way too long). You see, my Grandaddy (my Dad's Dad) is my only grandparent left, and I want to visit him as much as I can. I regret the limited time I spent with my grandparents before my Grandpa died. I realized that anybody can be taken from this life quicker than fingers can snap. Breakfast is a fun way to visit Grandaddy. Brenda cooks for Dad, Aunt Pat, Uncle Jimmy, and whoever they bring with them. The best breakfasts are when all the kids and the grandkids go to eat. We all pick on each other and I get to hear stories from my Dad's childhood, and man those are some CRAZY stories. Wednesday breakfast is by most my favorite family get together.

3 comments:

  1. You got some good stories this morning. Remeber to sit at the end of the table so you don't have to keep passing bowls to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're crazy. I was sleeping in.

    Kidding about the first part. Sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoyed this picture greatly.

    ReplyDelete